Saturday, September 14, 2013

"False Entomologies" by Susan Blackwell Ramsey

I've mentioned recently on my book review blog, Not New For Long, that I've taken a role over at a website called Escape Into Life, writing book reviews and perhaps a few other things to do with books--we'll see. Anyway, because of that, Escape Into Life is now in my blog roll here and so I noticed this latest post on the EIL blog a couple of days ago, featuring the poems of Susan Blackwell Ramsay. And I really can't resist pointing you to the third poem down, "False Entomologies", because it is so apropos to the stuff I write about here.

I also really like the Kelly Reemsten paintings that accompany the poems. So check it out.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you connected to that poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was too, and having linked to it here, I'll be able to find it again when I want to hear a kindred spirit on our crazy English language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the poem. Think the Barbie dresses and power tools are what sent me back into a DIY haze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what it is about the Mad Men dresses and the power tools, Collagemama, but it works for me in a big way. Well, not to the point where I'd actually consider making or repairing anything, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seana

    Well you know my philosophy: more poetry please! That was a nice one.

    ReplyDelete