Monday, May 25, 2015

Art of Life Tour -- Summer, 2015




My last post was about a film which had a firm conviction about the transformative power of art in people's lives, so what better way to support this idea than to show a short film that some friends of mine made about the project one of them, the jewelry designer Nora Dougherty is spearheading? I'm not an artist, but I happen to know a fair number of artists in the Santa Cruz area (which is not an uncommon experience here) and this is one pretty talented collective on display here.

Anyway, this particular show is taking it on the road, and if you're interested in seeing it come to your neck of the woods, you could do worse than kick in a few bucks to the Kickstarter campaign that's funding it. I've been inside this trailer and I've sat at the campfire outside it, and I do recommend it. And if art isn't your thing, I really think everyone should consult The Oracle at least once in their lives.  

Updated to add that this project has been fully funded, so look for a red trailer on a roadway near you this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I was going to say I wanted my own red trailer when allofasudden I really wanted a rusty old car carrier to turn into a rambling wire sculpture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope you get it. I'm sure it would be great.

    Actually, I hope you get both. The trailer really is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete