Saturday, December 12, 2015

Repurposed!

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the word "repurposed", as it's often just a fancy way of saying "used", but in this case I'll make an exception, as this is truly a new purpose for a plague upon the planet. And best thing of all, I'm not pitching that you get involved or donate or anything, just that you know about this cool thing. At least for now.

I came across this on TakePart, but I see that it's been mentioned in several places. Basically, it's an effort to house homeless people in pretty cool houses made of nothing more than plastic bottles and dirt. Here's the TakePart article by David McNair.

                                                                                   Amina Abubakar/Getty Images
14.000 plastic bottle is all it takes. See what you can do.

2 comments:

  1. And in my home town ...http://www.hidden-teesside.co.uk/2012/05/21/beer-can-house-raby-road-hartlepool/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, Paul. And it reminds me that I came across an article a woman in the Russian woman who decorated her house in bottle caps.

    http://www.demilked.com/russian-pensioner-decorates-house-with-30000-bottle-caps/

    Just in case you don't lean towards cans...

    ReplyDelete